POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Bastion : Re: Bastion Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:27:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bastion
From: Invisible
Date: 31 Aug 2011 08:24:48
Message: <4e5e2810$1@news.povray.org>
>> PS. There used to be a TV series called D&D. I used to enjoy watching
>> that. I doubt it has anything vaguely related to the game in it though.
>
> No, IIRC, the storyline was that a bunch of teenagers playing D&D were
> sucked into the D&D world and were trying to go back home.

They were definitely trying to get back home. But as I recall, they took
a ride on a magic rollercoaster. Hmm. I'll bet Wikipedia has a page
about it...

...it does. And apparently I was right.

> All the
> characters and monsters were mostly based on actual character classes
> found in the AD&D (Advanced Dungeons & Dragons) first edition books.

I'll take your word for it.

> The only thing I remember finding very unlikely about that tv series was
> that there were girls playing AD&D.

LOL! Yeah, that does sound implausible... although I hear Gail Shaw is
quite into D&D.