POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Bastion : Re: Bastion Server Time
26 Sep 2024 17:44:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bastion
From: Francois Labreque
Date: 31 Aug 2011 08:16:41
Message: <4e5e2629$1@news.povray.org>

>> If you've never heard of D&D, I'm going to have to side with Warp and
>> ask that you hand in your nerd card.
>
> I've /heard of/ D&D. I just don't get why anybody would bother playing
> it. It sounds incredibly boring.
>
> A bit like those text-adventure games [which I'm sure somebody somewhere
> still plays too].
>
> PS. There used to be a TV series called D&D. I used to enjoy watching
> that. I doubt it has anything vaguely related to the game in it though.

No, IIRC, the storyline was that a bunch of teenagers playing D&D were
sucked into the D&D world and were trying to go back home.  All the
characters and monsters were mostly based on actual character classes
found in the AD&D (Advanced Dungeons & Dragons) first edition books.

The only thing I remember finding very unlikely about that tv series was
that there were girls playing AD&D.