POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Braid : Re: Braid Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:16:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Braid
From: Darren New
Date: 30 Aug 2011 12:28:35
Message: <4e5d0fb3@news.povray.org>
On 8/30/2011 2:02, Invisible wrote:
> (Why it has to install
> the .NET framework and the DirectX 9 runtime I don't know, but anyway...)

The installer is what checks to see if it's already installed. There are
bunches of moving parts and extra libraries for DX9, for example, and the
installer makes sure you're at least as up to date as the game. If it's
already installed, the installer makes no changes for these products.

> Nowhere does anything really explain how the
> game works; you just have to sort of /guess/.

There's whole genres of games where that's the point of the game. You've
just discovered one.  This is kind of what an adventure game is, except
there you use your real-world knowledge to guide your guesses.

Indeed, I even saw write-ups of board game systems where the goal is to
figure out the rules and strategies of the game faster than the AI does. :-)

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   How come I never get only one kudo?