POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Braid : Re: Braid Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:11:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Braid
From: Invisible
Date: 30 Aug 2011 10:13:26
Message: <4e5cf006$1@news.povray.org>
>> That's my point. I've read a complete list of all the solutions, and I
>> *still* can't solve it. Even though I know what the solutions are meant
>> to be! It doesn't get much harder than that...
>
>    I must admit I don't understand you at all.
>
>    If you
>
> a) need to look for solutions to the puzzles in a casual game (which I could
> perhaps understand from someone who never plays anything, but not from a
> computer nerd who plays a lot of games), and
>
> b) still find it hard to solve them even with the solutions,
>
> I think there's something horribly wrong here.
>
>    I'm beginning to think that you are actually two different people. One is
> a computer nerd, the other knows how to turn a computer on and off, and
> little else.

Like I said, the solution to one of the puzzles requires you to it
something in mid-air. Not only that, but you have to jump off at exactly
the right moment, in exactly the right direction, *before* the thing
you're trying to hit even appears on screen. And when (not if) you miss,
you have to spend another 30 seconds setting the whole thing up again
before you can retry.

I fail to see how *knowing* that that's what you have to do makes it any
easier to *do* it.

It's like the jumping puzzles in any other game. You might *know* that
you have to jump from A to J to F in that order. But that doesn't make
it any easier at all to actually *hit* the targets.