POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Bastion : Re: Bastion Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:16:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bastion
From: Invisible
Date: 30 Aug 2011 07:36:09
Message: <4e5ccb29@news.povray.org>
On 30/08/2011 10:54 AM, Invisible wrote:

> There's one small issue with this game. It doesn't make sense. It's a
> bit like if you picked up a copy of The Hobbit and opened it on chapter
> 15. You wouldn't be able to make any sense out of it. Bits and pieces
> would make sense, but you'd still be mighty confused. That's what this
> game is like.
>
> Basically, you wake up lying in a bed, in a room floating in empty
> space. As you walk to the door, rocks appear out of thin air and fly up
> to form a walkway in front of you. For reasons unknown, THE ENTIRE GAME
> plays like this. Everywhere you go, you're walking on floating platforms
> in space, which materialise as you walk towards them.

"Floor flies up, buildin' a path, as if to point the way; kid doesn't
stop to wonder why."

[I accidentally walk off the edge of the path.]

"And with that, the he falls to his death."

[My character respawns just where I left him.]

"Naw, I'm just messin'."

[I walk up to the petrified statues of some people.]

"Looks like ol' Fred and Nelly didn't survive the Calamity."

[I smash the statues.]

"Kid doesn't much care to see 'em. Not like this."

Not long after that, I find myself battling gas guys, scumbags, ball
squirts, Pith the God of Commotion, wall flowers, pincushions, peckers,
stinkweed, and even anklegators. Me and my trusty War Machete, Brusher's
Carbine and a sackful of health tonics travel to strange and interesting
places. And something resembling a sensical story is just beginning to
emerge...