POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Monumental Failure (optical illusion) : Re: Monumental Failure (optical illusion) Server Time
30 Jul 2024 20:30:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Monumental Failure (optical illusion)
From: Christian Froeschlin
Date: 28 Aug 2011 15:34:15
Message: <4e5a9837$1@news.povray.org>
Eriban wrote:

> At the moment, the area lights have no added value inside the fog
> (as there are no significant shadows there). However, I do not know yet of a
> good way to exploit this to speed up rendering time. :-(

As Alain mentioned, using media may be overkill for this kind of fog.
Apart from that, it might be possible to cut up the grass object into
one part that interacts with the rest of the scene (monument shadow)
and another part that doesn't, and use light_group's to restrict
the use of the area light to the part that needs it.