POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : automated google queries? : Re: automated google queries? Server Time
1 May 2024 21:30:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: automated google queries?
From: clipka
Date: 28 Aug 2011 08:09:37
Message: <4e5a3001@news.povray.org>
Am 28.08.2011 09:45, schrieb jmichae3:

http://www.google.com/custom?q=jmichae3&sa=Google+Search&cof=S%3Ahttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.povray.org%2F%3BGL%3A0%3BAH%3Acenter%

3BLH%3A100%3BL%3Ahttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.povray.org%2Fi%2Fsearchresultlogo.jpg%3BLW%3A240%3BAWFID%3A12402193cb2b6d0c%3B&domain
> s=povray.org%3B+news.povray.org%3B+www.povray.org&sitesearch=news.povray.org
>
> tried to search for a post I posted (which I can't find).
> google always gives me the message
> "We're sorry...
>
> ..... but your computer or network may be sending automated queries. To protect
> our users, we can't process your request right now.
> See Google Help for more information.
> "
>
> is this pov-ray.org which is sending out these automated queries, or my network?
>
> this is the URL povray gives me.  I don't have this problem anywhere else, so I
> think it's your site.

You're right, this is a (new) problem with the POV-Ray search page:

     http://www.povray.org/search/

Apparently Google have changed the http syntax of their search queries,
thereby breaking any such "search this site" queries - maybe
deliberately: They're offering a "Google Site Search" service for $100
per year upward.

This is consistent with the current "Google Terms of Service":

5.3 You agree not to access (or attempt to access) any of the Services
by any means other than through the interface that is provided by
Google, unless you have been specifically allowed to do so in a separate
agreement with Google.