POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Recursion : Re: Recursion Server Time
26 Sep 2024 17:44:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Recursion
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 26 Aug 2011 22:34:30
Message: <4e5857b6$1@news.povray.org>
On 8/26/2011 10:26 AM, Orchid XP v8 wrote:
>>> On a scale of one to ten, "lucid dreaming" sounds like the most
>>> terrifying thing imaginable...
>>
>> Personally, I find it quite enjoyable.
>
> According to scientists, we dream every single night, but some of us
> rarely remember our dreams. And personally, not remembering my dreams is
> COMPLETELY FINE WITH ME! Every time I dream, I have the kind of highly
> disturbing dreams that make me afraid to sleep for months afterwards...

Actually, in point of fact, **everyone** have about 90% of their dream
being negative, every night. The thing is, we only remember the ones
where we make a rapid transition from a dream state, to a nearly
conscious one. And since that only usually happens at the beginning, or
end, of the night's sleep, we just don't remember the rest of them at all.

Other interesting points - We suffer from moments of arousal several
times a night too, and most people don't bounce around in bed at night
due to sleep paralysis, a condition that keeps the body from responding
to what you are doing in those dreams. So.. If you ever wanted to know
what the concept of "succubi" came from, imagine being some celibate
twit, waking from a nightmare, which suffering sleep paralysis, and
having an erection. lol