POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Memories : Re: Memories Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:27:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Memories
From: Darren New
Date: 25 Aug 2011 20:20:39
Message: <4e56e6d7$1@news.povray.org>
On 8/22/2011 1:14, Invisible wrote:
> You realise that all of the quantities involved are rational, right?

Uh, no?  Sqrt(2) for a 45-degree line thru a pixel sort of thing?

> that a rational number is just two integers?

That would be the "fixed point" part of my comment. Of course, if you want
high precision rationals, you might wind up with multi-word integers, at
which point you might as well just use floating point unless you're back on
8-bit hardware or something.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   How come I never get only one kudo?