POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Recursion : Re: Recursion Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:24:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Recursion
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 25 Aug 2011 19:07:33
Message: <4e56d5b5$1@news.povray.org>
On 8/25/2011 9:54 AM, clipka wrote:
> Am 25.08.2011 13:52, schrieb Invisible:
>> Inception, on the other hand, is kind of the film that I was worried
>> that The Matrix would be. Right up to the point at the end where
>> everybody lives happily ever after but they carefully imply that this
>> may or may not actually be the real world.
>>
>> There's no clear delineation of what's real and what isn't. (That's kind
>> of the whole point.)
>
> I think that's pretty fitting for the plot.
>
>> And then there's the fact that, at the very centre, it's a overly
>> sentimental story about True Love and unending regret. Perhaps more than
>> anything else, the overly emotional touchy-feely stuff puts me off.
>> Watching the psycho wife from hell just isn't very nice.
>
> I found the father-son relationship climax much more touching. And liked
> it the way it is.
>
>> Anyway, I don't know about you guys, but *my* dreams were /nothing like/
>> the real world. More like a random jumble of essentially unrelated ideas
>> that make no logical sense at all. I don't see people pointing guns at
>> me; I see flying pandas and molten biscuits. Every time I look in a
>> different direction, my surroundings have completely changed. All sorts
>> of weird stuff happens. And, most baffling of all, all of this seems
>> PERFECTLY NORMAL to me at the time.
>>
>> And then I wake up and think "Flying pandas? What the HELL...?!"
>
> Heh, I've recently started to dream pretty consistent movie plots now
> and then, with a surprising level of detail.
I depends on if you tend to be a lucid dreamer, or just the normal
"random" sort. The later however is generally not "aware" of being in a
dream on any clear level, so the inconsistency shows up due to having
literally zero control. For a lucid dreamer, its different, more
consistent and logical, closer to a movie (at least for me). Not to say
I don't get thrown through loops some times, and find something either
not going as I want, or repeatedly forcing some pattern in that I know I
don't want, and try to rewrite, without any success. But, that tends to
be fairly rare, since it mostly.. go with the flow, while nudging things
more or less in a particular direction. lol