POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Use case : Re: Use case Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:26:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Use case
From: nemesis
Date: 25 Aug 2011 18:28:00
Message: <4e56cc70$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 escreveu:
> On 25/08/2011 05:14 PM, Warp wrote:
>> Invisible<voi### [at] devnull>  wrote:
>>> The question was more "is there already a button that does that?" I
>>> could implement such a feature in any language. The question was whether
>>> one is already present.
>>
>>    "I want to edit all of the others in the same way" is quite a vague
>> description. I don't even know what exactly you mean by that.
>>
>>    There's probably no "button" to do that (although it wouldn't surprise
>> me if there was). It doesn't sound like an extremely common task.
>
> As best as I can tell, it's a line-based file format, where each line
> contains a key/value pair. Basically if I use the tool and it changes
> the line that says "mode=7" to read "mode=9", then I want to make that
> change to all the files in the set. Similarly if it adds a new line or
> removes an existing one.
>
> I imagine you can probably do it somehow using diff and patch. But those
> aren't usually present on Windows. (I gather Emacs has a special mode
> for viewing the output from diff or something like that... Presumably
> that only works on Unix though.)

Install perl.  I don't remember perl at all, but it's probably a simple
one-liner.  A few switches on the command line and a simple regex
substitution should do the trick.  The right tool for the job, plain and
simple.  And yes, it's available for windows in a standard windows
install package.

--
a game sig: http://tinyurl.com/d3rxz9