POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Use case : Re: Use case Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:20:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Use case
From: Warp
Date: 25 Aug 2011 15:27:27
Message: <4e56a21f@news.povray.org>
> As best as I can tell, it's a line-based file format, where each line
> contains a key/value pair. Basically if I use the tool and it changes
> the line that says "mode=7" to read "mode=9", then I want to make that
> change to all the files in the set. Similarly if it adds a new line or
> removes an existing one.

  Usually you'd do a search&replace on multiple files to do that. I don't
know offhand if emacs has readymade support for search&replace on multiple
files, but it sounds like something that could be done with just a bit of
elisp. (Normally you would do this on the command line using 'sed' or other
similar tools, unless the changes are very complex, in which case it becomes
more difficult.)

--
                                                          - Warp