POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Memories : Re: Memories Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:30:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Memories
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 24 Aug 2011 15:51:22
Message: <4e55563a$1@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 24 Aug 2011 21:21:45 +0200, andrel wrote:

> Aside: my main surprise in this was that the students from CS simply
> accepted this level of teaching, many did not even notice.

That was something that surprised me as well - but then again, when I
took my Assembly class, I had programmed in something like 15 different
languages - more than anyone else in the class - and had been programming
(even was paid to write code) since I was about 10.

So many CS students need that level of teaching, because they have
(perhaps) math aptitude, but not (a lot of) hands-on experience writing
code.

Jim