POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Gancaloon - urbanism wip : Re: Gancaloon - urbanism wip Server Time
30 Jul 2024 20:26:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Gancaloon - urbanism wip
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 24 Aug 2011 03:46:07
Message: <4e54ac3f$1@news.povray.org>
On 23-8-2011 15:04, Jim Holsenback wrote:

>> Thomas
> Hey nice work ... curious about the camera settings that you are using,
> mind posting a few particulars? I /really/ like how this scene is posed
> ... top drawer!

Gladly.

Knowing that the height_field with the city has a scale of <500, 30,
500> and is centered on the origin with basis at 0.0, and knowing that
water level is y=0.60; and with the other side of the river being a
height_field with the same scale and translated <-250, 0, 0>:

//Camera positions:
#declare SceneLook      = 6;  //0=overview; 1=overview River Harbour;
2=Ruins; 3=orthographic vertical; 4=orthographic vertical for roaming
                               //5=Sikhara; 6=overside Yann; 7=offshore
Sea Harbour; 8=birdseye Yann mouth; 9=from upriver;

camera {
   #switch(SceneLook)
   #case (0)
     location  <-100, 30, -240.0>
     look_at   <-100,  0,    0.0>
   #break
   #case (1)
     location  <-140, 30, -140.0>
     look_at   <-140,  0,    0.0>
   #break
   #case(2)
     location  <-59.6, 14.3, -234.0>
     look_at   <-80.0, 25.0,    0.0>
   #break
   #case(3)
     orthographic
     location  <0.0, 300.0, 0.0>
     look_at   <0.0,   0.0, 0.0>
   #break
   #case(4)
     orthographic
     location  <-150.0, 100.0, -50.0>
     look_at   <-150.0,   0.0, -50.0>
   #break
   #case(5)
     location  <-100.0, 25.0, -50.0>
     look_at   <-150.0, 10.0,  10.0>
   #break
   #case(6)
     location  <-325.0,  5.0, -150.0>
     look_at   <-100.0, 10.0,   20.0>
   #break
   #case(7)
     location  <-100.0, 100.0, 200.0>
     look_at   <-100.0,  10.0,   0.0>
   #break
   #case(8)
     location  <-200.0, 100.0, 200.0>
     look_at   <-200.0,  10.0,   0.0>
   #break
   #case(9)
     location  <-200.0,  2.0, -200.0>
     look_at   <-200.0, 10.0,    0.0>
   #end
   direction 1.5*z
   right     x*image_width/image_height
   angle 80
}

The large angle generates some deformation which are acceptable is these
kind of panoramic views.

Just ask if you want any more info.

Thomas