POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Gancaloon - urbanism wip : Re: Gancaloon - urbanism wip Server Time
30 Jul 2024 20:18:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Gancaloon - urbanism wip
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 23 Aug 2011 07:51:02
Message: <4e539426@news.povray.org>
Another view of the city, as seen from a boat coming from upstreams.

This is how Lord Dunsany described this part of the river in Idle Days
on the Yann, from the book A Dreamer's Tales:

[quote]
And now as the sun's last rays were nearly level, we saw the sight that
I had come to see, for from two mountains that stood on either shore two
cliffs of pink marble came out into the river, all glowing in the light
of the low sun, and they were quite smooth and of mountainous altitude,
and they nearly met, and Yann went tumbling between them and found the sea.
And this was Bar-Wul-Yann, the Gate of Yann, and in the distance through
that barrier's gap I saw the azure indescribable sea, where little
fishing-boats went gleaming by.
[/quote]

Note that Lord Dunsany visited the region long before the foundation of
Gancaloon!

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: