POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Memories : Re: Memories Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:20:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Memories
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 21 Aug 2011 11:28:55
Message: <4e512437$1@news.povray.org>
On 21/08/2011 04:06 PM, Darren New wrote:
> On 8/21/2011 2:37, Orchid XP v8 wrote:
>> More like "it keeps the students quiet so we don't have to think up any
>> *real* tasks for them to do".
>
> I will say that I never had an art class before grad school that
> actually wasn't of the busywork type. Very few of those sorts of classes
> actually taught anything. I would have loved to go to music class where
> they actually taught some music theory or something, or an art class
> where they talked about the proportions for drawing people or the golden
> rectangle or something like that.

In our music class, they made us play musical instruments.

Oh, until the old teacher left and we got that *other* person, who
couldn't make kids do stuff for toffee...

We didn't even *have* art classes. Though we did have pottery classes,
where we actually made pots. I still have some of them.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/