POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Memories : Re: Memories Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:10:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Memories
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 21 Aug 2011 05:38:01
Message: <4e50d1f9$1@news.povray.org>
>> Pro tip: If I can answer 20 long-division questions correctly, I can
>> probably answer 2,000 long-division question correctly. It'll just take
>> me 100 times longer. :-P Thus, there's no real point to actually
>> *making* me answer 2,000 questions...
>
> Yes, but if you (ok, well, some other poor sod) can answer only 10 out
> of 20 long-division questions correctly, then doing 2000 of them might
> help to push that ratio to maybe 19 out of 20.
>
> And because even maths teachers don't usually base their way of teaching
> on stochastical methods, they'll just let every pupil do the 2000.

More like "it keeps the students quiet so we don't have to think up any
*real* tasks for them to do".

>> I was just having a chuckle about my science teacher whining about how I
>> "don't apply myself" in class. His final comment was "more effort
>> required". I notice he was the only teacher who forgot to actually fill
>> out the performance ratings in the school report. MORE EFFORT
>> REQUIRED! :-P
>>
>> This amuses me, of course, because I got a B grade for my science, a
>> grade which is apparently unprecedented in the history of the school.
>> Yeah, I really need to "apply myself" more. :-P Self-important idiot of
>> a teacher...
>
> Heh, maybe he only tried to keep up the morale of the other pupils.
>
> "Why do we have to do all the homework when Andrew doesn't?"

No, he told everybody they were doing really badly, regardless of how
good or bad their work was.

And when I went over and told him I got a B, he was all like "see, I
always said you'd do well". NO YOU DIDN'T! You told me I would likely
fail! "I only said that to motivate you." WTF? Telling people they're
hopeless is NOT MOTIVATION!

Self-important dick... Man, everybody hated that guy.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/