POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Gancaloon - urbanism wip : Re: Gancaloon - urbanism wip Server Time
30 Jul 2024 20:24:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Gancaloon - urbanism wip
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 21 Aug 2011 04:37:10
Message: <4e50c3b6$1@news.povray.org>
On 13-8-2011 23:01, Joost wrote:

> Looks like a interesting project. Curious how it works out (I like cities views
> :-)
>
> For an ancient city (don't know if it's meant to be), a few more alleys may be
> nice. Btw, they can use the axes as a sewer system, they exit nicely in the
> sea...

The way the urbanism is built presently is intended for overview at some
distance. Real close, a totally different concept should be used where
more detailed alleyways would be provided. The period of the city is
some equivalent of 1000 AD, in the southeastern Mediterranean, but it is
not intended to represent any existing historical setting. It is
strictly imaginary with only touches of more familiar things.

Good idea about the sewer system. I might create an aqueduct or two
perhaps ;-)

Thomas