POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Memories : Re: Memories Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:28:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Memories
From: clipka
Date: 20 Aug 2011 21:13:39
Message: <4e505bc3$1@news.povray.org>
Am 20.08.2011 20:05, schrieb Orchid XP v8:
> Admittedly it was a school for mentally retarded people such as myself...

I don't know the background of that diagnosis, but - fun fact: A lot of
highly intelligent people are diagnosed as stupid and poor learners, for
no other reason than them getting bored by the stuff they try to teach
the normal people.

>>> Can you imagine anything more MIND-NUMBINGLY BORING than staring at a
>>> sheet
>>> of 40 long division problems? YES, I GET IT! I KNOW HOW LONG DIVISION
>>> WORKS!
>>> STOP BUGGING ME ALREADY! >_<
>>
>> You realize that most people aren't that smart, right?
>
> Pro tip: If I can answer 20 long-division questions correctly, I can
> probably answer 2,000 long-division question correctly. It'll just take
> me 100 times longer. :-P Thus, there's no real point to actually
> *making* me answer 2,000 questions...

Yes, but if you (ok, well, some other poor sod) can answer only 10 out
of 20 long-division questions correctly, then doing 2000 of them might
help to push that ratio to maybe 19 out of 20.

And because even maths teachers don't usually base their way of teaching
on stochastical methods, they'll just let every pupil do the 2000.

> I was just having a chuckle about my science teacher whining about how I
> "don't apply myself" in class. His final comment was "more effort
> required". I notice he was the only teacher who forgot to actually fill
> out the performance ratings in the school report. MORE EFFORT REQUIRED! :-P
>
> This amuses me, of course, because I got a B grade for my science, a
> grade which is apparently unprecedented in the history of the school.
> Yeah, I really need to "apply myself" more. :-P Self-important idiot of
> a teacher...

Heh, maybe he only tried to keep up the morale of the other pupils.

"Why do we have to do all the homework when Andrew doesn't?"