POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Memories : Re: Memories Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:28:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Memories
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 20 Aug 2011 14:05:10
Message: <4e4ff756@news.povray.org>
On 20/08/2011 03:58 PM, Darren New wrote:
> On 8/20/2011 3:49, Orchid XP v8 wrote:
>> Seriously though. I was awful at maths when I was at school. Then again,
>> when I was at school, "maths" consisted of doing endless arithmetic.
>
> We did that in second grade. What "school" were you in when you were
> doing this?

Admittedly it was a school for mentally retarded people such as myself...

>> Can you imagine anything more MIND-NUMBINGLY BORING than staring at a
>> sheet
>> of 40 long division problems? YES, I GET IT! I KNOW HOW LONG DIVISION
>> WORKS!
>> STOP BUGGING ME ALREADY! >_<
>
> You realize that most people aren't that smart, right?

Pro tip: If I can answer 20 long-division questions correctly, I can
probably answer 2,000 long-division question correctly. It'll just take
me 100 times longer. :-P Thus, there's no real point to actually
*making* me answer 2,000 questions...

> I always got crap
> in school for only doing one homework problem of each type, and then I'd
> say "No, I get it, OK." And everyone would make fun of me, and then I'd
> be the only one to ace the test.

I was just having a chuckle about my science teacher whining about how I
"don't apply myself" in class. His final comment was "more effort
required". I notice he was the only teacher who forgot to actually fill
out the performance ratings in the school report. MORE EFFORT REQUIRED! :-P

This amuses me, of course, because I got a B grade for my science, a
grade which is apparently unprecedented in the history of the school.
Yeah, I really need to "apply myself" more. :-P Self-important idiot of
a teacher...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/