POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Gancaloon - urbanism wip : Re: Gancaloon - urbanism wip3 Server Time
30 Jul 2024 20:27:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Gancaloon - urbanism wip3
From: Christian Froeschlin
Date: 19 Aug 2011 17:45:28
Message: <4e4ed978$1@news.povray.org>
Thomas de Groot wrote:

> My next problem now is this. I have an image_map for texturing the
> roads, mostly transparant and which layers nicely over another texture,
> except... if I use this patterned texture I cannot layer over it!

Worst case you can always create a copy of the landscape height_field
translates slightly up just for the roads, so the transparency will show
the lower height_field.

> I have tried patterning the image_map but to no useful result.

Assuming you can make a road image that is white where the roads
are, black where the roads are not, and somewhat smoothed to avoid
hard edges, you should be able to load it as an image_map, use that
as a pigment_pattern with texture_map, using landscape texture for
0 and road texture for 1.