POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Memories : Re: Memories Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:22:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Memories
From: Warp
Date: 19 Aug 2011 12:03:24
Message: <4e4e894c@news.povray.org>
Mike the Elder <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
> > As part of the drive to empty our house of useless crap, I was going
> > through some of my old college work last night. Ah, the memories.
> >
> > ...but it was somewhat baffling to walk into a classroom
> > and discover that I know more about the subject than the lecturer does.
> Oh c'mon now!  Anyone who can think his way out of a wet paper bag has had this
> experience repeatedly. We're just socially trained not to say so.

  When I went to the university, I don't remember any obviously incompetent
professors. Some teaching assistants were, but that's completely different
(because they were often just students like everybody else, usually just
a few years senior).

  Most (if not all) of the professors related to computing science that
ever taught me were much more competent and knowledgeable about programming
than I am today. Perhaps the only field where there was slightly less
abundant expertise overall was computer graphics.

--
                                                          - Warp