POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Curious perversions of IT : Re: Curious perversions of IT Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:13:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Curious perversions of IT
From: clipka
Date: 19 Aug 2011 11:21:36
Message: <4e4e7f80@news.povray.org>
Am 19.08.2011 16:02, schrieb Invisible:

Well, I expect it is, generally speaking.

Question is actually, does the added quality also give /me/ enough added
value to warrant the price?

For some people the mere expensiveness might be worth it. ("Look, he's
got a maddeningly expensive watch; he must be good with money, so let's
heed his financial advice.") I don't think that's me though.

> (I still remember going into a suit shop. They have multiple racks of
> identical black suits. I pick up one that looks roughly my size. "Ah
> yes, an excellent choice, sir" the man says. I wonder, is there a suit I
> could have picked up that was /not/ an excellent choice?)

"No, sir. All our suits are expensive enough that we make money with any
one; as long as you choose to buy, that's an excellent choice."