POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Memories : Re: Memories Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:23:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Memories
From: Darren New
Date: 19 Aug 2011 11:14:42
Message: <4e4e7de2$1@news.povray.org>
On 8/19/2011 5:00, Invisible wrote:
> Does *anybody* still use token ring?

Anywhere the benefits of token ring outweigh the costs of using a less
common networking technology, yes. Primarily where you need a fixed upper
limit on how long a packet takes to be delivered, such as in many forms of
industrial processing.

 > How about ATM, is that still used?

It's used quite a lot internally to the phone company. You're probably using
it right now.

> Aside from that, the report isn't well written at all. The tone is very,
> very informal. Like, if you imagine being given a topic, and just
> monologuing about it to your friend off the top of your head,

I'm not sure I need to *imagine* that as such...

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   How come I never get only one kudo?