POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Curious perversions of IT : Re: Curious perversions of IT Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:19:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Curious perversions of IT
From: Invisible
Date: 19 Aug 2011 11:11:23
Message: <4e4e7d1b$1@news.povray.org>
On 19/08/2011 03:32 PM, Aydan wrote:
> Invisible<voi### [at] devnull>  wrote:

> It all depends on what you expect of the car/watch/whatever.

Perhaps.

In same cases, a more expensive item actually does something more. In
other cases, it's more expensive simply to be more expensive.

more expensive than gold chain. There is absolutely no reason to ever

That's just preying on customer stupidity.

of a lot longer.

> Ask yourself why you bought your car and not something for half the price,
> assuming equal reliability and running cost.

That would be "because of reliability and running costs". :-P

I have a very cheap car. Anything cheaper would be likely to break even
more frequently than what I actually bought.

Now, see, I've heard that some of the most expensive cars on the market
are actually pathologically unreliable. And also have really, *really*
bad customer service. Which isn't what you'd expect...

> quartz. Change the battery every few years and you're good to go.

kept breaking. Constantly.

> It's also a question of
> presentation. You wouldn't expect the CEO of a multi billion dollar enterprise
> to go to a buissness meeting wearing a cheap plastic watch.

the brand name.

I'm the sort of person who doesn't mind paying more money for something
IF IT'S ACTUALLY BETTER. I violently object to paying more money for the
same thing.

> What it all comes down to:
> How much are you willing to spend for some comfort, quality and uniqueness.

Agreed.