POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Encrypted storage : Re: Encrypted storage Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:24:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Encrypted storage
From: Darren New
Date: 19 Aug 2011 11:03:58
Message: <4e4e7b5e$1@news.povray.org>
On 8/19/2011 1:01, Invisible wrote:
> Oh, well, if you're talking about the one with the combination lock

Yeah.  I wasn't interested in one I couldn't use on multiple OSes.

> I was thinking more about the ones where you insert the USB drive and it
> asks for a password before it will let you see the encrypted partition.

Yup, agreed.

> Oh, sure, the password or PIN or whatever is *clearly* the weakest point in
> the system. (Assuming the RNG isn't broken...)

I think I'm OK with storing things on there that can only be extraced by
someone willing to break it open, extract the actual flash chip, and insert
that chip into a new controller. :-)

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   How come I never get only one kudo?