POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Skills : Re: Skills Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:15:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Skills
From: Alain
Date: 18 Aug 2011 13:42:38
Message: <4e4d4f0e$1@news.povray.org>

> On 18/08/2011 09:48 AM, clipka wrote:
>
>> But I'd have guessed you knew that already, so why do you ask? :-)
>
> Who do you do that thing where the notes have silence in between them?
>
> When I play guitar, it has plenty of harmony, but little in the way of
> rhythm. It's more like a constant droning of sounds.

If you put a finger on a string, it will stop it from vibrating, if you
place your hand acros all the strings, you'll mute them all at once,
thus creating a silence.

And yes, you can hardly follow the melody. I tried once to sign along a
guitarist, with the partition in front of me. I found it totaly
impossible to know when to start, and after some time, about 1 minute, I
realised that he was repeating the first mesure hoping that I would
start. All I heard was a constant sound of varying pitch...