POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Encrypted storage : Re: Encrypted storage - sensitive data on non-trustworthy computers Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:17:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Encrypted storage - sensitive data on non-trustworthy computers
From: Lars R
Date: 18 Aug 2011 05:08:06
Message: <4e4cd676$1@news.povray.org>
GPG and Truecrypt don't have to be “installed” but can be used directly
from USB drive, sure.

But: If you have sensitive data on your USB drive you never ever should
decrypt them on a foreign PC, in an Internet café etc. because you
cannot trust them at all (keylogger, spyware etc.)

Call me paranoid but I distrust any Windows PC (and any other PC that is
under control of a talented Linux guy) and I would never enter any
sensitive password on them (neither web mail nor ssh nor crypted USB
drives etc.)

Lars R.