POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The other OS : Re: The other OS Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:27:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The other OS
From: Darren New
Date: 17 Aug 2011 10:59:43
Message: <4e4bd75f$1@news.povray.org>
On 8/17/2011 1:03, Invisible wrote:
> I'm pretty sure that provided a set of widgets that everybody used too. Like
> I say, I thought that /all/ operating systems except Unix work this way.

Yes. But in particular, a text input box flexible enough to support every
use of it, from entering only phone numbers in a form to Notepad to Write to
full word-processing layout. (Altho, to be fair, I'd expect Word and some
other high-end word processors actually reimplement this.)

> On the other hand, if I want to make a small change to VS, I have to write
> an entire giant plugin.

No, you'd just use a macro.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/b4c73967%28v=vs.80%29.aspx

--