POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Password difficulty : Re: Password difficulty Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:26:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Password difficulty
From: Darren New
Date: 16 Aug 2011 19:05:32
Message: <4e4af7bc@news.povray.org>
On 8/11/2011 11:17, Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Thu, 11 Aug 2011 09:09:01 +0100, Invisible wrote:
>> Personally, I think the most /realistic/ way to gauge password strength
>> is to see how long it takes real, commonly-available password crackers
>> to break your password.

> Arguably that's the most accurate way, but not the most realistic way.

However, I know a number of corporations that will try to crack your
password each time you change it and if they can, they'll make you change it
again. You just get an email after a couple days saying "change it or get
locked out."

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   How come I never get only one kudo?