POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : You what? : Re: You what? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:24:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: You what?
From: Warp
Date: 14 Aug 2011 14:39:23
Message: <4e48165b@news.povray.org>
andrel <byt### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> Are you talking about the same Europe that I am living in?

  Maybe it's exclusive to Finland.

  The general attitude of left-wing newspaper columnists and commentators
(which forms the majority of the Finnish press) is that the average Finnish
man is extremely sexist, chauvinistic, nationalist, xenofobe, racist and
very propense to resorting to violence. "Wife-hitting" is considered an
unofficial national sport. (If you were to believe what these people write,
you would think that domestic violence would be a very widespread and common
problem in Finnish society. Actual statistics be damned.) Another very clear
aspect of this attitude is that the Finnish culture is very backwards, closed
and nationalistic.

  And you don't just have to take my word for it. You simply have to read
some Finnish newspapers.

  AFAIK Sweden has a similar phenomenon going on (possibly even worse).

> But things don't get true simply by repeating the same nonsense
> over and over again.

  I wish those leftist columnists would understand that. The thing is,
repeating the same multiculturalist propaganda over and over *does* have
an effect on the population, which is why they do it.

--
                                                          - Warp