POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Password difficulty : Re: Password difficulty Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:25:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Password difficulty
From: Invisible
Date: 12 Aug 2011 07:21:07
Message: <4e450ca3$1@news.povray.org>
> So in other words, you'd test your passwords offline before choosing them.

I'm actually tempted to go take a password cracker to our network and
see how quickly it can guess everybody's passwords. >:-D

Unfortunately, I downloaded the cracker do I could go try it in a test
environment, and the AV software went mental...

(Obviously, before you try breaking people's passwords "for real", there
are various political issues to consider. But I didn't even get as far
as /testing/ the tool, since the AV classes it as "greyware". Which I
suppose is reasonable.)