POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Crysis 2 first impression : Re: Crysis 2 first impression Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:18:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Crysis 2 first impression
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 11 Aug 2011 14:11:24
Message: <4e441b4c$1@news.povray.org>
On 11/08/2011 06:53 PM, Nekar Xenos wrote:

> Even more strange: A friend of mine says he has 2 systems 1 running
> Vista and the other slightly higher spec running win7 64bit. He says it
> runs better on the Vista machine.

That's not especially strange.

I've seen game benchmarks where a quad-SLI system (which theoretically
should be 4x faster) comes out a few percent *slower* than a single GPU
system. I've seen processor benchmarks where older designs with lower
specs perform better than newer ones. It depends on what the task is.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/