POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The other OS : Re: The other OS Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:26:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The other OS
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 10 Aug 2011 17:09:52
Message: <4e42f3a0$1@news.povray.org>
On 10/08/2011 08:43 PM, clipka wrote:

>  From what I managed to glimpse from TeX so far, it is a great tool for
> scientific publications - that, and absolutely nothing else.

Well, it's a tool designed for producing /printed/ text. That is its
special emphasis. If you're not interested in writing stuff on dead
trees, TeX is a waste of time, essentially.

I've written fictional stories with it though. It works quite nicely for
that purpose. It's also not bad for writing documents about technical
subjects which aren't necessarily "scientific publications". For
example, writing about how to program in Java.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/