POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The other OS : Re: The other OS Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:24:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The other OS
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 9 Aug 2011 18:23:46
Message: <4e41b372@news.povray.org>
On 8/8/2011 2:59 PM, Darren New wrote:
> Yeah, if you want that sort of stuff, then you have to read up on
> ActiveX, which is basically "COM with a UI."
Yeah, but not really. ActiveX is, as I said, kind of limited to things
that already support it. You can cheat, and for example, imbed IE into
your application, and thus "gain" all of the fancy tricks, but who in
their right mind does that, if you could manage it some other way.
Actually adding the ability to late link in your own app, without
relying on MS' own bug riddled browser as the system that handles those
events, is.. not quite so trivial.

Basically, I spent a stupid amount of time trying to work out what I was
missing, finally found it, at which point it was an incomplete example,
and just said, "Screw this, I don't need to do this anymore anyway!" :p