POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The other OS : Re: The other OS Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:25:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The other OS
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 9 Aug 2011 14:40:55
Message: <4e417f37$1@news.povray.org>
On 09/08/2011 06:53 PM, Warp wrote:
> Orchid XP v8<voi### [at] devnull>  wrote:
>> You know what? I also wouldn't use a text editor to edit a sound file.
>> And I *definitely* wouldn't use a sound editor to edit a text file.
>
>    I have actually edited video files with a hex editor.

You might use a hex editor to change a few flags or magic numbers in the
frame headers, or to check why a particular file is broken. But you
wouldn't use it to do the same kind of manipulations that a real image
editor could do. (E.g., trying to do a Gaussian blur with a hex editor
would be an exercise in futility.)

> There aren't many video editing software out there that allows you to go
> and just change the framerate setting of a video file

Ironically, VirtualDub is one such program.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/