POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Tumblr, Images and Copyrights : Re: Tumblr, Images and Copyrights Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:24:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tumblr, Images and Copyrights
From: Tim Cook
Date: 8 Aug 2011 23:54:43
Message: <4e40af83$1@news.povray.org>
On 2011-08-08 21:06, nemesis wrote:
> We've come back to an age where starving artists gotta make live performances
> (specially popular ones that strike a chord with youtube users) for daily bread,
> not by selling their work to publishers.  That's what happened when everyone got
> their very own press.

I am reminded of the outcry from the live-musicians over player-pianos,
back in the day (ok, ok...not evoking a personal memory, I've /read/
about it).  The people who made their living going around and playing
the piano for people to sing along with weren't faced with a diminished
market.  So...we've come full-circle.  There's no income in the /idea/
of the music, you have to make it a limited commodity.  By doing a live
performance.

XD

--
Tim Cook