POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Tumblr, Images and Copyrights : Re: Tumblr, Images and Copyrights Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:17:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tumblr, Images and Copyrights
From: Ive
Date: 8 Aug 2011 23:33:14
Message: <4e40aa7a$1@news.povray.org>
Am 09.08.2011 04:06, schrieb nemesis:
> Tim Cook<z99### [at] gmailcom>  wrote:
>> I think that, to an extent, it relates to the ability to reproduce the
>> game/music/movie/whatever losslessly, an unlimited number of times.  It
>> throws a wrench in the supply-and-demand model, because supply becomes
>> infinity.  It makes the actual-value of the product 'zero'.
>
> We've come back to an age where starving artists gotta make live performances
> (specially popular ones that strike a chord with youtube users) for daily bread,
> not by selling their work to publishers.  That's what happened when everyone got
> their very own press.

Just skimmed over the discussion you mentioned within your other post
and this one really made me LOL:

"Content creators would need to find new ways to monetise their
creations (should they feel the need to do so), but the human desire to
create will never go away."

Well, many years ago I was a professional musician (bass player within a
punk-rock band) and surely we managed it to live only from sex, drugs &
rock'n'roll. No need to buy gas for the tour van, no need to buy new
strings and especially no need to eat sometimes a burger.
This sentence reminds me of the cliche that an artist should be poor and
starving to create "true" art. Sure, and this kind of attitude makes me
sick.

-Ive