POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Tumblr, Images and Copyrights : Re: Tumblr, Images and Copyrights Server Time
26 Sep 2024 17:45:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tumblr, Images and Copyrights
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 8 Aug 2011 13:09:45
Message: <4e401859@news.povray.org>
On 08/08/2011 11:56 AM, Ive wrote:
> Am 08.08.2011 05:50, schrieb nemesis:
>
>> Subtle watermarks? Meta information in the image file? They just pass
>> it on,
>> don't even bother with editing, I guess.
>>
> The Tumblr-people re-blogging stuff do not care, but the original poster
> who has found it "somewhere" in the internet does sometimes. I've seen a
> picture from Gilles where the copyright notice was cropped away.
> Meta tags is something I'm already using (but they get usually lost if
> the image is e.g. resized) and (what I've learned so far) in the future
> I will always add a notice on the image itself. Well, this can be
> cropped, but this act does actually show something about the person.
>
> -Ive

you know it's more about people not caring or respecting boundaries
anymore ... as an example: how many shops have you been in that allow
the customer behind counters? Yet I almost daily have to politely ask
people not to go behind the counter. I even have signs with a traffic
cop ... has his hand up in the stop position with "Employees Only" in
two languages, but that doesn't stop them. Also interesting that 8 out
of 10 times the customer seems put out that I've ask them out from
behind the counter ... couple of years ago even had one chap inform me
that I have major control issues (lol) ... so like I said most people
don't care who they trample on to further whatever agenda they might have