POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Tumblr, Images and Copyrights : Re: Tumblr, Images and Copyrights Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:18:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tumblr, Images and Copyrights
From: Darren New
Date: 8 Aug 2011 12:39:41
Message: <4e40114d$1@news.povray.org>
On 8/8/2011 7:40, Ive wrote:
> Am 08.08.2011 06:16, schrieb Jim Henderson:
>> Contact enq### [at] tumblrcom with references to the uncredited use of
>> your work and ask that they deal with it.
>>

> Yes. It is just not my way to run to the authorities when I have a problem
> with someone. I am considering it but I'm still hesitating.

http://rising.blackstar.com/how-to-send-a-dmca-takedown-notice.html

(Not my site - yes, it's crappy design - use readability. :-)

You don't have to go to the authorities. You go to the ISP, who is not
responsible for the content *until* you tell them its yours. Then they turn
off access to the image and give the people using it a chance to prove they
own the copyright.

It's not the authorities. It's just the ISP, or probably tumblr in this case.

Assuming this is in the USA that is. I don't know how it works other places.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   How come I never get only one kudo?