POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Tumblr, Images and Copyrights : Re: Tumblr, Images and Copyrights Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:15:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tumblr, Images and Copyrights
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 8 Aug 2011 12:24:15
Message: <4e400daf$1@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 08 Aug 2011 17:04:51 +0200, Ive wrote:

> This "I wouldn't have bought it anyway."-argument is something I was
> always wondering about. Does it mean that someone prefers (take music as
> example) to listen to songs he actually doesn't like just because he was
> able to get them for free.

Usually it has more to do with "I don't know what I'd be buying, and if I
open it and don't like it, I can't return it".  I know a few people who
approach it that way - they want to 'try before they buy'.

Of course, these days there are plenty of ways to actually do that
legally without resorting to piracy.

Jim