POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Tumblr, Images and Copyrights : Re: Tumblr, Images and Copyrights Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:19:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tumblr, Images and Copyrights
From: Warp
Date: 8 Aug 2011 11:33:01
Message: <4e4001ad@news.povray.org>
Ive <ive### [at] lilysoftorg> wrote:
> Am 08.08.2011 01:48, schrieb Darren New:

> > And this is why creative people hate pirates, even if "they wouldn't
> > have bought the content anyway."

> This "I wouldn't have bought it anyway."-argument is something I was
> always wondering about. Does it mean that someone prefers (take music as
> example) to listen to songs he actually doesn't like just because he was
> able to get them for free.

  Some time ago I was at a friend's home, and another friend of his gave
him a pirated and cracked version of Assassin's Creed 2 on DVD-R. I asked
why. It's not like his life depended on the 50 euros that it would have
costed to buy the game.

  His answer: "What if I don't have 50 euros?"

  I was perplexed. I asked what exactly forces him to play the game in
question if he can't afford it.

  He presented the argument completely seriously. I don't understand why
some people honestly think that's any kind of justification. It's not like
playing a computer game is necessary for anything at all. I don't understand
by what logic if you can't afford a game, it's ok to pirate it. What kind
of sense does that make?

--
                                                          - Warp