POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Tumblr, Images and Copyrights : Re: Tumblr, Images and Copyrights Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:18:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tumblr, Images and Copyrights
From: Ive
Date: 8 Aug 2011 10:56:45
Message: <4e3ff92d$1@news.povray.org>
Am 08.08.2011 05:50, schrieb nemesis:

> Subtle watermarks?  Meta information in the image file?  They just pass it on,
> don't even bother with editing, I guess.

The Tumblr-people re-blogging stuff do not care, but the original poster
who has found it "somewhere" in the internet does sometimes. I've seen a
picture from Gilles where the copyright notice was cropped away.
Meta tags is something I'm already using (but they get usually lost if
the image is e.g. resized) and (what I've learned so far) in the future
I will always add a notice on the image itself. Well, this can be
cropped, but this act does actually show something about the person.

-Ive