POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Tumblr, Images and Copyrights : Re: Tumblr, Images and Copyrights Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:16:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tumblr, Images and Copyrights
From: Ive
Date: 8 Aug 2011 10:41:04
Message: <4e3ff580@news.povray.org>
Am 08.08.2011 06:16, schrieb Jim Henderson:
> Contact enq### [at] tumblrcom with references to the uncredited use of
> your work and ask that they deal with it.

Yes. It is just not my way to run to the authorities when I have a
problem with someone. I am considering it but I'm still hesitating.

Also I'm wondering, if the people responsible for (and earning money
with)  Tumblr would be serious about copyright infringement they had to
shut down 99% of all Tumblr-blogs and this is obviously NOT part of the
business-model.
And from what I've seen so far I already know what will happen:
The blog-owner gets a mail notifying him about the issue including a
thread to shutdown his/her account.
He/she publishes this mail on his/her blog (so well, finally something
new and unique to blog about) and this is followed by a loud outburst of
the Tumblr-"community" about some stupid guy (this would be me) who
instead of being proud to be recognized by the Tumblr-community insists
in censorship and internet fascism. Guess I could live with that and a
few hours later the whole issue within Tumblr-folks is forgotten anyway.
But seriously, what is he point?

-Ive