POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : This is, in part, why many Windows updates require reboots : Re: This is, in part, why many Windows updates require reboots Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:22:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: This is, in part, why many Windows updates require reboots
From: Darren New
Date: 5 Aug 2011 23:26:01
Message: <4e3cb449$1@news.povray.org>
On 8/5/2011 19:00, Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Fri, 05 Aug 2011 14:19:32 -0700, Darren New wrote:
>
>> It's the choice of the
>> package manager to use one technique over the other, not the choice of
>> the file system.
>
> Yes, it's a choice of whether to rename the file or delete it.  That's
> not really my point.

OK. Then I'm not seeing your point. What statement do you think is actually
incorrect?  I must be missing something, because you're not the only person
who has told me there are incorrect assertions in the article, but I've not
gotten anyone else to actually say what they are either, other than arguing
that Linux's package management isn't "inferior".

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   How come I never get only one kudo?