POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The other OS : Re: The other OS Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:25:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The other OS
From: Warp
Date: 5 Aug 2011 11:05:31
Message: <4e3c06bb@news.povray.org>
> My text editor allows you to *display* the line ends, so you can
> visually see which lines end with LF, which ones are CR, and also
> arbitrary combinations thereof. It can also display other non-printing
> characters if you wish (which is sometimes useful).

  I have emacs set so that it shows whitespaces at the end of lines with
blue background. It looks a bit annoying, completely on purpose. One
quickly develops a style of writing code such that you never end up with
empty spaces at the end of lines.

  When you open other people's code with emacs set up like that, in
approximately 90% of cases there will be tons of extra whitespace at
the end of lines.

  (Of course if you need to edit such code, emacs makes it easy to strip
those whitespaces with one smart search-and-replace.)

--
                                                          - Warp