POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Rant of the Day : Re: Rant of the Day Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:12:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rant of the Day
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 4 Aug 2011 16:09:01
Message: <4e3afc5d@news.povray.org>
On 04/08/2011 08:45 PM, Warp wrote:

>    My telecom provider not only gets my phone numer automatically, it
> actually has voice recognition (which it uses to, among other things,
> get the customer's social security number, which in Finland contains
> a letter besides numbers). So far it has worked surprisingly well.

Some of you may remember I recently called my insurance provider, and
their automated system actually managed to understand WTF I actually
wanted. And I didn't have to wait all that long to speak to a human.

Last week I ordered a new motherboard from ebuyer. Unfortunately, due to
their website somehow mysteriously "remembering" the stuff I put in my
basket several days earlier, I ended up ordering two identical
motherboards. Obviously, these are no use to me, so I called them to
rectify the problem. I waited about 3 minutes for somebody to answer.
And they actually spoke English. Hell, they even fixed the problem, even
though my network provider cut me off before the call finished.

Not /all/ companies have crap customer service. Just /most/ of them.

(My mother still buys everything from John Lewis. Not because their
prices are good - God no! But at least there's a real danger of customer
service. And after-sales support.)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/