POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Rant of the Day : Re: Rant of the Day Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:11:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rant of the Day
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 4 Aug 2011 15:08:25
Message: <4e3aee29$1@news.povray.org>
On 04/08/2011 06:45 PM, Darren New wrote:

> You are a cost center, not a profit center.
>
> To illustrate, if you wind up with a 30-minute queue to get customer
> service, call the sales number. They will immediately pick up, and then
> you can say "Oh, I dialed the wrong number, can you transfer me to
> customer service?"

I had this with a local shop. I sat listening to the phone ring for 20
minute. Nothing. Then I dialed the sales number. It picked up within
half a ring.

As best as I can tell, the two phones both sit directly next to each
other in the store room at the back.

Then again, this is the shop where I asked to purchase an item, and the
guy at the desk couldn't really be bothered to go pick it up and take my
money from me...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/