POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The other OS : Re: The other OS Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:26:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The other OS
From: Darren New
Date: 4 Aug 2011 14:31:33
Message: <4e3ae585$1@news.povray.org>
On 8/4/2011 10:17, Darren New wrote:
> OK. You said "it's things like this", then pointed out a video showing off
> the customizability of emacs. VIM can do the same thing. TECO can do the
> same thing. PMate can do the same thing.

I *will* grant you that elisp is easy to understand and write than any other
of those macro systems, which is why it gets shown off, but they're all
turing complete. :-)

The scripting languages in Windows tend to be pretty good, even better than
elisp, tho.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   How come I never get only one kudo?