POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The other OS : Re: The other OS Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:16:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The other OS
From: Warp
Date: 4 Aug 2011 13:01:23
Message: <4e3ad063@news.povray.org>
> BTW, let's see how usable it is when that embedded spreadsheet has 1800 rows
> in it, like the last time I embedded a spreadsheet into a text document
> (namely, my tax paperwork last year). Let's see how responsive it is at
> keeping everything nicely aligned.  IME, emacs is powerful but the macros
> are rarely optimized for processing large blobs of text.

  That reminds me of all the people who complain how the Gimp can't do this
and the Gimp can't do that, always comparing it to PhotoShop.

  The thing is, the rare occasion I need to do some image editing, I'd
rather use the *free* software rather than pay big bucks for the pro
software which might be really superb, but costs a kidney and runs only
on Windows. The free alternative might not have even a fraction of the
features, but at least it's free and available for my system of choice.

--
                                                          - Warp